Sunday, June 17, 2007

Trusting God

*Taking a deep breath, I hand this situation over. I realize it was never in my hands in the first place.*

Bring the Rain, by Mercy Me, from their album Coming Up to Breathe

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am yours regardless of
the clouds that may loom above
because you are much greater than my pain
you who made a way for me
suffering your destiny
so tell me what's a little rain

[1st Chorus]

Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy
is the lord God almighty
is the lord God almighty
I'm forever singing

[2nd Chorus 2x]

Everybody singing
Holy holy holy
you are holy
you are holy

[2nd Chorus 2x]

2 comments:

  1. Love the Bring the Rain song ~ it made me cry the first time I heard it. Mercy Me really talks to my heart ~ I blogged on this song not too long ago ~ http://livelovelaugh-lace1013.blogspot.com/2007/06/bring-on-rain.html
    There is neat video on YouTube for this song ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElISFieaukc&mode=related&search=

    As humans ~ it it so hard to let go ~ but it sure feels good when you do. I will continue to pray for you and all of the amazing things God is doing in your life! Remember, he is looking at the big picture and has plans to make you happy! :) ~Lace

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is one thing Chiari has done for me, it's been to learn how to release the wheel and let God drive. I don't know why any of us have this path in front of us but we are not traveling alone. God is there every step and when we cannot walk, He carries us. He brought us to it, He will get us through it.

    http://lifewithchiari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete