Sunday, December 23, 2007

Babette blanket FINISHED!

I had one extra skein of sea foam and needed another salmon to complete the border so I made the exchange at Purl's this week. Tonight I finished DD's blanket! It is so soft and the salmon-kind of color as the border is her favorite. She doesn't know yet that it is hers. It's been such a therapeutic process to crochet this blanket.



While I'm here I'm going to do some shameless plugs. Christmas Day will be my CafePress Chiari/Syringomyelia store's 3rd anniversary. It's hard to believe it's been that long! I designed all the items there and 100% of the profit goes to the Research Fund at the American Syringomyelia Alliance Project, also known as ASAP, a 501(c)(3). I have a design for everyone: CM and/or SM patients, Chiari 0 CMers, family members and friends, people of all ages including infants, clothing, stickers, magnets, pins, tote bags, etc. It's worth checking out.





I also still have my CURE CHIARI wristband project going for another outstanding 501(c)(3), Wishes and Rainbows, to assist them in helping patients with their expenses. The wristbands are dark purple, have CURE CHIARI embossed on them, are 100% silicone to stretch past the hand to fit comfortably on the wrist. Unlike the majority of wristbands out there, I have 3 different sizes. 7" fits teenagers, average-framed women, and small-framed men. 8" fits large-framed women and average-framed men. I also have a small amount of 5 3/4" for very young children. They are 2.00 each. All profits go to W&R to help patients with immediate needs. If you would like to purchase a bracelet feel free to contact me via comment or email. It's a great way to spread awareness to the public and show support!



I also wanted to let you know about GoodSearch, which is a great search engine. They donate one cent per search to ASAP. Simply select American Syringomyelia Alliance Project in the box by the yellow buttons. (One of these buttons also allows you to see how much money was raised per month!) If you just enter Syringomyelia then the foundation name will pop up. You can make a difference! Consider adding GoodSearch to your favorites or making it your homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment