Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Post-op update and life in general

I'm 3 1/2 weeks post-op from the arterial problem and healing is going well. The rock-hard golf ball lump under the incision is finally shrinking a bit. It's all very sore and tender but overall pretty good for at this point.

I've had quite a few headaches but not to the point of throwing up at least. Spinal cord pain is another story.

I second interviewed last week and started the job today. I am grateful for home positions for people with disabilities. It isn't much money, and it's temporary, but any money at all will help with the medical debt. I train for 3 hours a day for around 10 days. After that I'll be at 20-25 hours a week, with the Ticket-to-Work program allowing me to maintain Social Security Disability benefits (SSDI).

Speaking of work, I need to get to bed. It will be morning before I know it.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new job and of course on your recovery that is speeding along! Hugs to you ~ Lace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keesha,

    I am so glad to hear you are recovering well from you surgery. I am in awe of your resolve and strength to be able to work on top of everything else. It makes me feel a bit like a big spoiled baby! Here I am off of work and being able to just take it easy and rest.

    I admire you greatly for all you accomplish everyday.

    hugs to you,

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! I'm so happy you were able to get the job! I'm assuming it's a work at home job, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZH, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend, Don White. And I'm thankful for the job you do at ASAP. I'm also thankful that the recovery from the arterial surgery is going well, and that God has provided you with something to do at home to help bring income in and this also gives us such a feeling of self worth. God bless you always and yes, you're my hero, too!
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete