Sunday, May 25, 2008

Raising awareness

This is just a quick reminder that I have some great methods of simultaneously raising both Chiari awareness as well as funds for patient assistance and research for a cure.

For more than 3 years, all profits from my Chiari wristbands have gone to Wishes & Rainbows--a 501(c)(3)--for patient assistance (medical travel, medical bills, emergency utility assistance due to hospitalizations, etc). They are dark purple, 100% silicone, and are embossed with CURE CHIARI. The silicone allows them to stretch beyond the hand so they can fit properly on the wrist; they are in the style of the LiveStrong ones made famous by Lance Armstrong's cancer foundation, and are a great way to raise awareness in the community!

I have two sizes for adults-- 7" (this most popular seller is for small and average framed women, small-framed men, and most teens), 8" (for larger framed women, average framed men, and larger framed teens), and a limited amount of small child size at 5 3/4".

Wristbands are 2.00 each and have a 2.00 shipping cost no matter how large the order; if the shipping cost goes over 2.00 I will cover the difference. Insurance is optional for customers to purchase to cover the package after it leaves my hands. Please include with orders how many of each size you would like.

I can accept PayPal and personal check; wristbands are shipped within 1 business day of PayPal payment, and within 1 business day of personal check clearing.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.


While I'm here I'm going to do some shameless plugs. Christmas Day will be my CafePress Chiari/Syringomyelia store's 3rd anniversary. It's hard to believe it's been that long! I designed all the items there and 100% of the profit goes to the Research Fund at the American Syringomyelia Alliance Project, also known as ASAP, a 501(c)(3). I have a design for everyone: CM and/or SM patients, Chiari 0 CMers, family members and friends, people of all ages including infants, clothing, stickers, magnets, pins, tote bags, etc. It's worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment