Sunday, July 20, 2008

Who needs ribs?

Apparently the left side of my face is all puffed up.

Strangely enough that corresponds to how much worse the left side of my rib cage that feels kicked in with steel-toed boots. It's typically the right that is worse, the pectus excavatum is a lot worse on that side, so I'm not sure what wreaked this havoc in the left. The world may never know. Hopefully though we'll figure a better way to breathe and yes it must be something short of ventilatory support because I am NOT going that route again, thank you very much. It took 2 years to get then-insurance to overturn their denial of my two bouts with CPR.

Their excuse?

I didn't have my codes and CPR preapproved.

3 comments:

  1. <3

    (don't know what to say, but you are in my thoughts and prayers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moses! The nerve. I swear, Keesha, you could write a book. Love, Bobby, not Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your situation is not funny but the insurance company's reasoning is.

    Ummm, yeah, like in the middle of the code the doctors and nurses are going to say "stop the code, we have to get this preapproved first".

    Insurance companies are insane. For a certain procedure, the state insurance in Minnesota requires a patient to come into the office to determine if they need another visit. So in the end the state is paying more money in order to "save" money. Or the new thing is that the medical schedulers have to get approval to even schedule a test, but this still does not guarantee the insurance will pay.

    ReplyDelete