Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Long time no write

I know, it's been nearly a month since I've written. That's never happened before. I also moved my blog to invite-only. It's nothing personal, and if you're reading this than you know I trust you! Indeed I did have someone whose BS I was tired of, such as her telling everyone repeatedly that she was a police officer when she just worked at a jail. There is a HUGE difference and I won't even get started on that; I'll just say that as a peace officer's wife I have found her garbage offensive, not to mention her stupidity and that's a whole other story. Yes it takes a lot for me to say such a thing and is not my norm.

Sterling just took Meg to the doctor. She is on Day 3 of a 102 degree fever along with vomiting and severe diarrhea. I think what is bothering her most though is the orthostatic head pain. Whenever she moves at all she grabs her head and cries. She looks awful. I'm a bit nervous about her appointment and anxiously await a text or call about how it goes.

Later this week we are supposed to get Sterling's date for surgery. He's supposed to have a few weeks off but there's no way for that to happen. I feel guilty because he doesn't have that much time because of my situation. I'm not worried about the surgery, hernias are so common, but at the same time I don't want him having to go back immediately because of our finances and end up straining too soon.

My right arm, through to my fingers of course, is a lot worse than even a couple weeks ago. And there's nothing that can be done about it since we can't afford the surgery to fix it, or to take care of the nerves in the brain.

I'm also awaiting a call from HandiDogs to get the training schedule. I hope it's on a day that Sterling is off so he can come and train with Shelby too. On a happy note Shelby's new food is making a great difference and she is doing awesome. She has changed so much, coming out of her shell and just loving people coming over.

I've hardly left this recliner in...days...weeks, I don't know. It feels like there are spikes stuck all over my bones. They don't want to move at all and it spreads into my lungs and makes it painful to breathe.

The brain surgery cap project is going wonderfully. Folks at the 'Ville have been very kind and sent dozens and dozens of caps that I've been able to send to hospitals all over the country for the patients.

There's also stuff going on with the hospital Meg stayed at in October. We had a meeting at the corporate office last week, which was maddning. They screwed up, big time, and because of their blatant filing error they are trying to blame us and may get away with it. They're working on it right now but we may end up having to pay the $1,998 which was pre-authorized but again they screwed it up. I have no idea where we'll come up with that with everything else going on. It's all so frustrating I could scream.

I'm still fighting United American (NOT United HealthCare--different company entirely) which has been going on for 5 months now. I don't know how these people live with themselves.

Long story short, for those of you that have followed the last 2 years since my then extremely in perfect health grandpa fell 14 feet out of a tree and nearly died, I have the feeling he is giving up. He had an incident 2 weeks ago and he refused care. He quickly decided he doesn't want to be buried there in my hometown where they bought plots decades ago. So they are on a trip back in IL for him to pick a new plot. I have the feeling once it's purchased soon, he is going to just give up. It's hard, especially with me being the one who has to do the communication between my grandparents and my mother since they haven't been on speaking terms in years, but from his point of view I also understand. Everything has gotten worse since his fall; they weren't able to fix things and he has permanent staph in his heart ever since then as one of the complications. My heart aches for him. My grandma thankfully is healing well from when she shattered her hip while weed-wacking a couple months ago and getting it replaced. I wish there was something I could do.

I think I'm going to sit in the shower, see if soaking will help ease things a bit.

1 comment: