Monday, October 8, 2007

Vascular surgeon in Dallas

I decided to just call the Dallas surgeon instead of sending a fax over the weekend. I spoke with his nurse, who was very kind. She gave me her fax number and asked me to get the records from the local cardiothoracic surgeon. While I made some phone calls back and forth between the upstairs and downstairs portions of the hospital (seems there is going to be difficulty getting the records sent out, seems as how the surgeon here doesn't have his records dictated, he leaves them as handwritten notes), the Dallas nurse talked to the vascular surgeon about the situation.

She called me back and let me know he was expecting them and once read, he will call me back himself and tell me whether or not he thinks he can help. That way, she says, I know whether or not it's worth making a trip.

We'll see.

For now, I'm trying to make arrangements for all of us that are going to be in Phoenix/Tempe for the National Brain Tumor Foundation fund-raising walk on Saturday. I look forward to all of us being together. I'll try to get some pics of all of us.

I finished the first panel in the Babette blanket for my daughter. Of course, it was the biggest square in the blanket at 12 inches. The rest are of varying smaller sizes. I'm glad this one is over. There are only a couple hundred left, haha. But at least the 12 incher is done. it was getting a challenge to handle. The little ones will be so much easier--well, I think. There is a progress bar at the bottom of my blog to keep an eye on the progress. I will post pics along the way, in between progress bar changes.

On another neat note, my blog was approved to be part of the Medical Blogger Patient Code of Ethics. They have a category for medical professionals and another for patients, and do a review of the websites to see if the code of ethics are being followed by the bloggers. I am really happy to be part of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment