Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Babette blanket

As promised, here is what I have done so far with the Babette blanket (blanket joined together using crocheted squares of varying sizes).

I am using Gong yarn from Italy and a size G6/4mm hook. I have never used the yarn before and it already feels heavenly.

Panel 1 is the largest square of the entire pattern. It takes up the whole panel itself. I used pink, lavender, and salmon.

Panel 2 consists of 2 smaller squares put together.

The left square, inside to out, is salmon and purple. The right square, inside to out, is sea foam and pink.

I'll get pictures when it starts to come together. There are 10 panels are become progressively more work (or at least more squares at a time).

I just worry I won't have enough time to finish.

1 comment:

  1. Keesha, the blanket sounds beautiful. And working with quality fibers is a healing experience all its own. Its a reward for our laboring fingers to provide them with good yarn to work with, and a pleasure for our eyes to see the work progress. I know you will have all the time you need for the project. This will be a precious gift that your DD will cherish. Betsy, another fiber addict.

    ReplyDelete