Monday, November 19, 2007

Son's MRI; Babette blanket

My son's MRI is scheduled for next week. I'm glad to have it done before I go to Baltimore for surgery a few days later. I admit to being unnerved and fearful last night when he came out of his room to tell us matter-of-factly about having pain in his chest. That was a first, at least he has never told us before of chest pain.

I had PT this morning and am glad it's almost done. On the other hand, that also means surgery is around the corner.

I finished crocheting all the squares for the Babette blanket---well over 100! I marked the progress chart toward the bottom of the blog to 95%. The other 5% I am reserving for the process of attaching them all together. I am putting a picture here but it's a little misleading. It only shows panels 1-8 because my dinner table isn't big enough for 9 and 10, the final two panels. I'll post another picture when they are all connected, and another after I add a small finishing border to complete it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, that doesn't sound good that he has been having chest pains. Maybe you should try to quiz him about everything that is wrong that he is just ignoring or that he thinks is just "normal" before his appointment. How old is he again? Are you nervous about your surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea. I've just been trying to handle it in a way that won't make him afraid at all, listening to what he says and not making a huge deal, KWIM? It's a difficult balance, but yes, it would be good to try to see if there are other things going on.

    He is 6.

    Yes, I'm nervous, more than with my other surgeries for some reason. I guess because so much depends on this, more than meets the eye.

    How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Blanket Keesha, I love that you are doing this. I will be thinking of you, your son, and your family in the next week. Col

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gads, I've been a little sick lately. I ve missed out. Wow. The chest pain doesnt sound good. The blanket is looking very good. No wonder I've not seen you in the chat window. Love, Bobby.

    ReplyDelete