Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday charity check-in

I belong to a wonderful Yahoo group. It's a small gathering of some very strong-willed, like-minded women using their crafting abilities to make items for charity. We have a database of charities we are in involved with, including contact information for other members in case they are looking for a new charity to help.

We have an annual goal of how many items we would like for charity a year as a group. Last weekend, the total for the 137 of us is 14,395. **This week's total is at 14,997.**

What will it be tonight? How much progress have we made in one week? I can hardly wait to find out! I'm having such a great time with this. With all of the wonderful yarn I was blessed with, I can pay it forward to these folks in need. I'll update the number again later when the (very patient) moderator is done with the counting.

My count as of last night was 16 caps for NICU/school programs, 4 dishcloths for shelter, 1 potholder, 1 small child's play clutch, 1 scarf, 3 squares.

It may slow down a bit this week. If I didn't know better I'd say every speck of collagen in my body is staging a revolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment