Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sick of hospitals

Thursday I came home after 6 days in the hospital. My seizures were occurring 3-4 an hour and becoming increasingly violent. After DH being sure I was not breathing, he took me to the hospital. Seizures in the ER confirmed he was right; with each one, the monitor alarms went off. My 02 sats dropped to the 70's and instead of my heart rate skyrocketing, it plummeted. And long story short, I was admitted for 6 days.

I came home on another AED (seizure med). DH thinks they're helping a bit. I'm still seizing but not nearly as often.

I have a clinical trial check-up Tuesday morning and pain man appointment Friday afternoon. My mom is here from out of state so thankfully she can drive. I am anxious to tell Pain Man how his staff refused to give him messages about my situation not once but three times.

My pain control is not doing much at all. I dread getting up, sitting down, getting in and out of bed, whatever.

I don't know what to do any more. I am exhausted, and tired of relentless intractable
pain.

Here's a pic of me a few days ago in-patient, waiting for yet more imaging.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Keesha doll - NOT what you needed at all. I love how you always manage to get a picture or two tho :) I am SO bad at that, it isn't even funny!

    Sending you lots of healing prayers. Love and blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and prayers to you from me, too. I'm glad you are back home resting!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keesha...Im sorry to hear that your health issues aren't letting up.... I pray that you will find relief from your pain and help for the seizures...try to get outside to soak up some sunshine..

    Be Well
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you in our prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are home, and so sorry about what you are dealing with. Big hugs...soaking up the sunshine sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart, my thoughts, my prayers are with you, my dear friend. If only I could wave that wand and take this burden from you. May God be with you and Sterling and the kids.
    love, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, could you please email me at keesha_b@yahoo.com? I can't reach you and no longer can read your blog. I just want to know if you're ok hon.

    ReplyDelete