Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Part 2

In regards to the post below, please understand it was written as a way to vent my own frustrations. It was not meant to be a personal attack against anyone in any way, shape, or form. Readers know that due to circumstances, and anyone who knows us personally knows what the situation in our household has been, I'm dealing with a lot of anger issues and that is something that is VERY new to me. The last couple of posts are my first attempts at using this as an outlet to getting it out of my system. My post was also exploring what we are capable of as parents.

As for the food, last month we were hit particularly hard. In a week's time, our HVAC flooded the garage and our shower basically exploded inside the wall, bringing down not only pipes but a section of our living room wall to boot. At $620, they cost the equivalent of 4 months of our grocery budget.

It was a bad month in every way imaginable. Everyone who knows me also knows that one of my biggest hang-ups is not asking for help because I don't want to feel like a burden. I don't want to be that person. I want to be the one people turn to, not the one people see as "needy." I don't like when people are whiny and to me it feels like if I ask for help, I will be seen as needy and whiny, and I can't stand that. In my career I was always the one people turned to to get the job done right. I know my mentality is coming from somewhere deep down I need to explore, but I don't want to. I apologize for any hurt feelings because it wasn't my intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment