Friday, November 20, 2009

Today's stomach exploratory

Cross-posted at FB:

Got initial all-clear, then got report with pics and details. Tummy lining was swollen, so a precautionary biopsy was taken; esophagus was inflamed and had rings up & down it that shouldn't be there, so that was biopsied to check for eosinophilic esophagitis, a food allergy disorder. The duodenum had scalloping, a sign commonly found in yet another food allergy disorder.

I had some PTSD issues (from my CPR/ventilator experience) when I saw the propofol, but my doctor held my hand till I was under. She's a real nice dr. The next procedure is on Wednesday.

Stomach's cramping, my throat's torn up pretty good, can hardly swallow. I didn't get to take my Dilaudid & Methadone (or the rest of my stuff, muscle relaxers, etc) for 12 hours (I always take them every 4 hours) so my head & spine pain is way out of control. After going that long, it usually takes a couple days--a LOT of doses--to get any degree of relief again. The stomach & throat are frustrating and uncomfortable. My head & spine make me want to take everything I have because I can't see straight through the pain. But I know better. So I'll just keep distracting myself, & as Dory says, just keep swimming, just keep swimming...I know it came to pass. It didn't come to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment