Friday, March 11, 2011

Sticking my neck out

I've been hearing from people about my post below. I know it's bad that people who know nothing about spinal cords are asking what's going to be gone because surely it can't be left like that, right? Well folks I wish I had an answer. We know it's dangerous. Vertebrae shouldn't develop a sharp point, and that point shouldn't shove into the esophagus. We know now it's why I'm always a bit hoarse and have to clear my throat a lot, and why my voice breaks when I talk. As if being in a car isn't fearful enough, now we add this. A fender bender to most people is little more than an annoyance, when they come right down to it; to me it can easily be fatal because of the Ehlers-Danlos. Now did someone, the Devil, I don't know, add just one more thing to threaten life, seeing if I can be pushed right on over the edge? I'm getting darn close. No one wants to go fix anything because I'm such a liability. I'm a very scary person, you know. I ruin surgical statistics with the bat of an eye!

Anyway, I'm having a small procedure in a couple weeks, on the 28th. Thankfully it's at 10 a.m. so I won't have a tremendous time to go without eating or drinking, as I can't have either in the 4 hours prior. Ugh. Nerves alread. I am grateful to Jackie as she's coming along. It's 3:30 a.m., time to get my 1-2 hours.

Some birthday gift. Yep, it's being done on my birthday. But hey if it turns out great, I don't care WHAT day it's done on!

No comments:

Post a Comment