Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Holding out Hope

There comes a point in life where you realize that if you are unhappy, then sitting around and talking about it isn't going to get you anywhere. This place is becoming more dangerous all the time due to our proximity to the border, and I no longer feel it is a safe place to raise our children. I once thought I could get through anything with a local support system in place but as my physical progression continued it apparently was too much to handle because our church family slowly but surely disappeared. It angers me all the more since those with leadership positions who teach various classes related to Christianity and becoming a contagious Christian seem to be exempt from following what is taught. So now they are gone, I can't work so that connection is gone, and DH no longer works for the state. The lawsuit will continue no matter where we are.

At this point I think we would take a job nearly anywhere. I love our house here, the big foreclosure we got for a steal 2 1/2 years ago. But I'd give it up in a heartbeat to get out of this place, to go somewhere where we don't have to go through painful feelings just because of living in such a small neighborhood and everywhere you pass by makes you think of those people and what has been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment